• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Working out and cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsrkt

Bluelighter
How many of you work out seriously ( 3+ times a week, strict diet etc) and smoke?

Because i'm about to renew my gym membership and was wondering if i would be able to smoke once a week, or would that still make it slightly harder in the gym?

Or should i just not worry about the ganja and focus on getting really fit?

I'm a heavy toker and I work out 3-5 times a week at home (elliptical). Pot certainly doesn't help with the motivation to get off the couch, but if you save it for your post-workout reward it's not going to hurt you too much. If your lung capacity sucks then you may have a harder time with cardio, but meh, whatever. On days I work out I notice that I'm able to make much smarter munchie choices.

woah i thought it would be opposite, i eat horrible food, and lots of whilst stoned.!!!

not now, but at one point in my life, I would work out 3-4 times a week and smoke the entire day away... i actually really used to enjoy running while high, makes it more fun and also makes the time go by quicker (lower doses only, running while STONED aka very high would not have worked for me at all).

I find that the more you work out the HIGHER you can get... must have something to to with the serotonin levels from the exercise, but I definitely notice a better, more clear headed high if Im exercising frequently.

I lift weights every other day and usually smoke every day with multi-week long breaks every so often. Smoking once a week shouldn't affect you at all.

Some people really enjoy working out while stoned, while others would rather be inactive while high. I see no reason why smoking once a week would make it difficult or dangerous to work out--in fact, it's a lot more dangerous NOT to! If you're worried about the effects of pot smoke on your lungs, take comfort in the fact that it doesn't have the same effects as smoking tobacco does (i.e. constricting airways and filling your lungs with radioactive compounds). Of course, you could always find another way to get high, like vaporizing, eating, or filtering your hits through a water pipe to reduce tar inhalation.

^^My cousin and a buddy of mine were both like this. They wouldn't just take a hit or two beforehand. They would get pretty ripped. They claimed that the weights felt lighter, and therefore could really lift more.

I was never much of a smoker and could never pull this off. I would never get off the couch to actually go to the gym. I've heard that THC lowers your test levels as well; which is a no no

I lift weights about 5 times a week, and when I'm really high I can lift for far longer then when I'm sober. I feel like I can really get a lot more air when I'm high.

I work out 3-4 times a week and I used to be a heavy smoker (2-6 times a week roughly). I found it wasn't as easy to get motivated but if i saved it for a after workout reward like lollerskater does it helps you.

get high after gym not before, and it won't be a problem unless you make it one.

^ my thoughts exactly.

I work out about 4 times a week and NOTHING is better than coming home and smoking a spliff in my still soiled and sweaty workout clothes and then running into the shower.

the simplest things in life are the best.

Monotonous labor (IE lifting weights) is why god invented ganja.

^ Couldn't agree more. Lifting and being high is like p.b. and jelly.

The only problem is a lot of the times I forget what set I'm on. :)

Monotonous labor (IE lifting weights) is why god invented ganja.

yeah you really get in a trance don't you? :)

its an awesome feeling just to mechanically crank out a bunch of reps with some solid weight while you're stoned off your ever living ass.

IMO it depends on what kind of weed you're smoking. I forget which strain is which but sativa i think is the one that is more of an "uppity" high than...um, the other one :) (its early)

My point is there is some weed that gets me into an almost manic state where all of the sudden I realize all the shit I could be doing and I can't sit still trying to get everything accompished--thats the weed I can definately work out on. The other shit just makes me tired and want to zone out and eat cookie dough all night :)

^ yes, but realize most people are smoking hybrids so the indica sativa distinction really fades...

hey how is hawaii? :D

I'm thinkng of coming and camping and surfing on oahu

^ yes, but realize most people are smoking hybrids so the indica sativa distinction really fades...
hmm good point

hey how is hawaii? :D

I'm thinkng of coming and camping and surfing on oahu
Cold and rainy where I live (on the mountain) but I like it like that lots of rainbows :)
I do hear the surf is good though :)

I am a daily smoker. I take a break for few days if my tolerance is high and my variety of strains are low ;) I work out at least 5 days a week. My smoke is saved for the END of my day not prior to going to the gym. I assume that my body would look better if I didn't eat so many calories. I am fond of the munchies and no longer give a shit that I eat a lot. I work out so I can eat. The majority of my diet is solid.

Get that membership and get your ass to the gym.

well you're about getting enough muscle that you NEED to eat to maintain it. Nothing wild here, but you definitely should be taking in a certain amount of protein each day to maintain your shoulder guns.

My diet is high in protein. The more I work out then more I eat, I don't deny myself of the basics. Carbs (not always complex but high in fiber) are my choice of munchies when I am high. As a recovering binge eater it is more mental than anything else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.